XL-15 and Buzz Lightyear

 ToyLine : Hyperspeed Series

By : Mattel

Year : 2022

Price : Rm75.90



BUZZ LIGHTYEAR - First introduced in the Toy Story Cartoon. Overly confident and cocky to a fault much to the annoyance of Woody, the de factor leader of Andy's toy collection. Started as delusional too as he thought he was actually a real space ranger. But today I'm not going to be talking about that Buzz. Today I'll be reviewing the Buzz from the new movie Lightyear, actually it's not even Buzz, its the "HERO SHIP" of the movie, the XL-15. 


The Box



Nothing special here. It's a regular clamshell package and you can see the ship clearly in the box. Gets the job done.

The Pilot

The pilot is tiny, its roughly 1.2 inches tall. That's diaclone scale (google it up kids). Detail is surprisingly good. What impressed me the most is that the buttons on Buzz's chest are actually individually colored. I mean those things are tiny. No face though as the helmet is frosted over so you can't  see the face. I highly doubt there is even a head in there to begin with (insert creepy music).








Articulation is limited to the shoulders and hips. Very basic but functional. 

The Ship







I got to admit. the ship is beautiful and my weakness for spaceships and jets made me snag this one up really fast over the other 3 (and those are pretty good looking too). There are panel lines throughout to make it appear more detailed. There's also detail on the control console in the cockpit, but its unpainted. I might try to paint it to make it pop more. The number 15 is on various parts of the ship so is the Star command logo. Buzz fits in the cockpit nicely. At a little over 6 inches long and a wingspan of 4 inches-ish, it fits nicely into your hand for you to play with. 








Conclusion

Every bit as detailed as the much bigger Blast and battle XL15. It's a nice fun size little ship that you can swooosh aorund and scales rather nicely with your deluxe and voyager sized transformers. My only gripe is for RM75, it doesn't have any die cast metal. I mean Mattel owns Hotwheels and those are metal. Alas I know its marketed for kids and not for grumpy old people. But it is a very nice jet/spaceship. If you can find it get it, the Hyperspeed series is definitely something to look into if you want nice spaceships on the more affordable scale. 8/10

Comments

Popular Posts