Starscream - Fall of Cybertron

 Toyline  Fall of Cybertron

By : Hasbro

Year : 2013

Class : Deluxe

Price : I honestly don't remember



STARSCREAM - Throughout transformers history, he has always been the scheming and treacherous 2nd in command of the Decepticons. When it comes to combat skills, he is good, very good, being Air Commader and  possibly the best fighter in the air. Thing is he's chicken shit. The line " Decepticons RETREAT" is synonymous with screamer here. Today I'll be looking at the deluxe class figure based on the game Fall of Cybertron.


The Box




Threw away the box ages ago. But with the magic of the interwebs, here it is..YAYYYY!!! So for all 5 of you that gets turned on by box pictures....enjoy :D


The Robot Mode

I have to admit, this design for Starscream, I really love. I like it better than the classic G1 robot and F-15 jet mode. In robot mode to the top of his head he's about 5 inches tall. He's decked out in his usual colors of grey, red, blue and black. Poseability is not bad either, minus a waist swivel..sadly. Another knock in this mode is he's basically hollow and gappy in the torso. You can literally see through him, some cavity fillers would have been nice.




The Jet Mode

I Love this mode too, nuff said.....well ok I'll say a bit more. I'm guessing the jet mode was inspired by the G1 cartoon tetra jet mode, albeit loosely. But it is beautiful, very futuristic high tech cybertronian looking jet. It just screams (geddit) speed, maneuverability and the ability to rain death on any and all opponents (except Megatron apparently).







There is also a slight gap in this mode near the head area, but the jet generally comes together cohesively. 


Accessories




Screamer comes with 2 chain guns that are colored in red. As far as I know its not game accurate as weapons in the game appear out of the characters forearms when it transforms to weapon mode. But for the toy it has pegs where you can plug it into the ports on the forearms in robot mode or under the wings in jet mode. I actually like this weapon as it makes screamer look deadlier and more powerful than his standard nullrays. The 2 guns can also combine into a BFG for more MURDER DEATH. Kinda reminds me of the Twin Buster rifles from Gundam Wing. 










Conclusion

I have a weakness for spaceships, sci fi theme vehicles and especially jets. So I really dig this, your mileage however may vary. But to me, this design was so good I kinda wished they made it a voyager class. The hollow robot mode, no waist turn and ankle articulaiton hurts it a bit for me. But not enough to make me hate it. I give it an 8/10

Comments

Popular Posts