G2 Megatron

 Toyline : Generation Selects 

Sub-line : War for Cybertron Trilogy

By : Hasbro

Year : 2021

Class : Voyager

Price : RM 60 ( loose from a quitting collector)





MEGATRON - The name that makes even the most hardened elite Deception and Autobot alike crap their pants (or whatever the robot equivalent is). He ruled the Decepticon with an Iron Fist and his motto " PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY" is his main driving force.  The Megatron I'll be reviewing today is the Generation 2 version from the Generation Selects line, not the vintage 90s version. As far as I know he is indeed the same Megatron from Generation 1 (yeah that gun guy). So lets take a look.


The Box

I got the guy loose so not box. 


Robot Mode




Now the first thing  you’ll notice is that Megs here is no longer in his traditional gray and black colors. He now sports extremely loud and bright green and purple on almost all of him. The only place that stayed in his original color is the head section. Now this is a G2 thing, as far as I can remember most if not all G2 transformers look like they were colored by someone on an LSD trip. The colors are borderline gaudy, at least to me. Moving away from the colors, Megs is of course a repaint of Siege megatron, no remold or retooling. They basically took the Earthrise mold and slapped on a different paint and voila….G2 Megatron. Details are good and I gotta say I actually enjoy this Megatron. It poses well, it’s a good enough size, fun to play with and I got him cheap. I seriously wished the economy was in better shape so I could get more of these things. But yeah no complaints for the robot mode, he looks imposing like Megatron should.


Vehicle Mode

For this, Megs transform into a tank. Gone is the gun mode due to reasons unknown. 






In tank mode, Megs still looks imposing. The turret turns, you can see some molded detail on either side of the turret, I think that's supposed to be grenade launchers or something ( I dunno, I'm not tank guy. What do you want from me?). There's also those orange dots on his turret, I am not sure if this was a cheap way of putting in missile launcher detail or if the dots are his personal kill count. In this mode he does roll smoothly and you can clearly see the G2 Decepticon logo on his left side. You can see his feet sticking out at the back and it does get in the way of turret movement, but you can remedy this by pulling the feet down 1 notch. This will give the turret more clearance to move around. Megs also as a few ports around him both in this mode  and robot mode, if you have any of those weaponizers or any other tiny transformer that can transform into a weapon or some kind of accessory, you can plug it on Megs to give him more weapons.

Accessories



In way if accessories, Megatron comes with his fusion cannon and his sword/gun cannon combo weapon. A bit light but better than nothing. 





Oh and you can plug in the energy effects from Jetfire into his fusion cannon. 


Conclusion

Now, this is my 1st official bucket head Megatron. I never had the G1 toy and al my other Megatrons are either one o those high quality KO's or a different version of Megatron from other series'. All in all, it is a fun figure to mess with. Good for action shots and photoshop and the fact that I got him cheap just really seals the deal even more for me. If you can get either this or the original Earthrise color, grab him. Highly poseable, fun and it can easily scale with whatever you have.  9.5/10

More pics below


Pictoria


Comparison with all the other Megatrons/Galavtrons I had within reach at the time





Comparison with Super Starscream.






G2 Megs vs my fave transformer ever. God Ginrai. 

Comments

Popular Posts