Furby Baby

 Toyline : Furby baby

By : Tiger Electronics

Released : 1999

Price : Rm 20. Japanese 2nd hand store lucky find.





Furby, the electronic talking alien furball that took the world by storm in the late 90s and well into the 2000s. My exposure to furbies were limited to the 1998 version that my sister had and now this lucky el cheapo find from a 2nd hand store. All I know is you can teach it tricks by doing a combination of pressing the tummy sensor, sound commands, feed it when it's hungry and it can also scare the crap outta you when it starts babbling incoherently at 3am. AHAHAHA, let's take a look.


The Furby

The furby I have here is from what I've been told is a furby baby from 1999, which is from what I gathered is a companion to the bigger furbies from 1998. I knew that Furbies can communicate with each other with in their own demonic language called Furbish, but I found out by accident when I was watching a youtube about furby tricks, and the Furby in the video was the larger version. To my surprise, the one I have responded to the video and they started "talking" to each other. It even went to sleep when it was commanded by the big furby in the video. Or I could have imagined the whole thing, but I tried it a few times and it worked. 






And here's a video of some o the phrases it says when you press the tummy



Conclusion

For a Rm20 find at a thrift shop, and fully functional at that, this was a wonderful find indeed.  All it needed was a little clean up and and it was good to go. If you're the type of person that goes around hunting around for premium grade toys at broke ass budget prices like me, things like these are usually what I call a holy grail find.


Comments

Popular Posts