Takut - The Haunted House Series

 



Are you ready to be afraid??


So on Saturday ( 5.2.22) I decided to give the new Haunted house experience that's been getting a lot of hype in Kuching.  The venue is basically a old guest house/hotel that I didn't realize was no longer in operation. But yeah the place has been getting rave reviews. I stood in line with a couple of friends for about an hour plus, while in line we could hear the screams of terror from the people that were ahead of us. A bunch of thuds and running sounds from people running from the "ghost" in terror.  So scary were those sounds that a few people waiting in line with us were already having major anxiety and freaking out. 




So it was finally our turn. We paid our tickets, waited at the front door as we await our turn to....FEEEL THE HOROR!!!






So we went in, it was dark, the speakers were playing creepy sound effects on loop, we slowly traversed the the "haunted" hallways expecting for any variety of locally inspired ghost to jump in front of us to scare us and generally make us shit our pants. A few eerily lit rooms were in sight, my friend Clare was holding on to me tight, my other friend was behind us. I was just admiring the details on the whole setup really. There were some ghosts, that I'm not entirely sure if they were the actors, could have been mannequins, when suddenly there was a loud screaming sound behind us. It was one of the actors, thing is he missed us coz by the time he jumped out, we were far ahead  and he had to turn around and scream at us again but by then the jump scare effect moment was lost. From that moment on we dubbed him the "lagging ghost".

So as we  went deeper in, I was just looking at everything, as much as I can see anyway since it was dark. We ran into another couple whom at first I thought were actors playing victims or something. They were not, they just got lost in the whole "maze". Then we reached one area with a small flight of stairs leading up. Jump scare moment happened here as we set off some kind of trap and a "ghost" prop jumped out from behind something I assume were boxes. I didn't scream, I just looked at it as the Ghost plopped down harmlessly on the ground. Next was when we went up the flight of stairs to what we thought was the exit, it was here that Clare triggered another trap and it was a polong (flying ghost head) that flew straight to her face ad she literally punched the thing. from that moment on I just laughed my guts out all the way to the exit. 

So all in all what did I think? Well for Rm15, it wasn't that scary to me at least. I have seen videos of others having breakdowns on the TAKUT official FB. To me it was more funny than scary and Clare punching the ghost was the best moment in that entire experience. Do I recommend it? Try it at least once, your mileage on the Scare factor may vary. 





Comments

Popular Posts