Thargoids (Elite Dangerous)

 Heya Zack here or since this is an Elite Dangerous Update might as well use my game name, Arthellian. So I'm here today to talk about Thargoids. What are Thargoids you ask? Well accroding to the wiki :

"The Thargoids are an intelligent, highly advanced insectoid species that have existed for millions of years. They are the only known extant spacefaring species in the Milky Way galaxy other than humanity"








While, there is no all encompassing evil in Elite Dangerous per se, the Thargoids are an ever present looming threat, and at the time of this writing, they have become more aggressive and have attacked several systems and are inching closer and closer to the bubble ( the main human occupied space). They have even attacked space stations, some recently repaired ones were attacked again, thus nullifying the repair efforts done. 







Fighting them in game is also an extra challenge since they have very high resistance to regular weapons. To hurt them you need Anti Xeno weapons or Guardian weapons. The Guardians here an an extinct race that fought the Thargoids a long time ago. They won the war, but their own tech killed them. Ironic really.




Here is a video of my first ever Thargoid kill in a team, they also give sizeable bounties. This vid was taken on 16th october 2021. I was still new to the game and didn't know about caustic damage. So I just sat at the place the Thargoid blew up  and the caustic damaged killed me too. LOLZ





Thats it for my update for now. Till then, I'll see you guys in space.

Comments

Popular Posts