EASY WAY OUT?



The picture above shows a sight that is quite common at a recycling depo at BDC Kuching. These people wait around all day to wait for "rich people" to get rid of their junk and salvage them. This has become like a job for them, some of them actually swarm the trucks and what not even before the soon to be former owner throws them away. It is a sad state and I for one am appalled by the situation and I can't help but think that they are merely taking the easy way out by doing this. I know there is a saying that goes "one man's junk is another man's treasure" but this is taking it a bit too far.

I am no economist, but if this is any indication of our economic situation, things can only get worse.  They don't work and hover around the recycling depo like vultures, waiting for things to be dropped off. It is unknown to me of this is a common sight at other depo's but I certainly hope not. And I really do hope that things change for the better and things like these will stop.




Comments

EM said…
Wow that's new. Never seen this before.

Things like this reeks of backwardness & not progress don't you think?

Popular Posts