Food Tasting at Batik Boutique

This is one of those rare occasions where I don't blog about action figures and instead blog about what I do/did in real life. And the subject for this post of course the food tasting at a place called Batik Boutique in good old Kuching.

This was part of an activity that was arranged by Sarawak Bloggers and this is the first time I've joined them in any such activities (having resisted to join any sort of blogging collective/community for a very long time). All in all i'd say this is a good experience for me, though I was a bit hesitant to follow at first due to the nature of my blog and food is the last thing people would expect to see here.

Anyhoo here are the pics from that night:

Starter

Home made mushroom soup. I live this style of mushroom soup, it's way better than any canned version.






Main Course

I chose the beef burger for this out of all the other choices offered. The Burger is actually pretty good and the patty is juicy enough for me. It was nicely cooked and not too bloody as I hate bloody meat :P




Dessert

At the end of the meal we were served with a very suprising dessert. Tuak (fermented rice wine) in jelly form. It was supremely awesome and this was pretty much the show stopper for me and the rest of the bloggers. This alone was enough to make us think about coming back.




So far based on the food that night, I would recommend you go check out Batik Boutique. Oh apart from the western food they also serve local delicacies as well. Check out the Menu:


Comments

Eating good food, is good hobby :P
Eating good food, is good hobby :P

Popular Posts