Preaching stupidity?

A few days ago I came across a post on facebook, it was about religion. Normally I would just ignore it. But that night I was just in one of those really angry moods and this post really hit me hard. This is a screen cap of that post:



Ok before that, I am a muslim and I come from a mixed family and I have numerous family members that are converts and they are totally fine. But what that post did was imply that the moment you convert its like you're signing your own death warrant. It's like he's saying that Islam is full of murdering asswipes. I am not saying that there wont be any complications, especially during the initial stages of shock, but if my relatives can get over it why can't this guy? Which led me to tell this person, the very tragic story of my friend.

And this was what I posted up in reply :



What exactly is the problem? Because I for one have seen nothing but excuses, let me give you a few examples that I have come across in my lifetime.

1. If i convert to islam, I fear my relatives will burn in hell.
2. I heard that muslim me
n become abusive in the later years of marriage
3. If I convert I can no longer eat pork
4. I will have no freedom if I convert

These are just some of the lame excuses that I have experienced myself and also unfortunately a very close friend of mine. Now let me tell you a story, a few years back a very good friend of mine dated a very beautiful chinese girl, they were very much in love. But as usual some elements in the family were concerned over petty things like "OH NO IF MUSLIM BOY JOINS OUR FAMILY he will steal all our money", " A Malay in our family!?? That will pollute and taint the purity of our Proud and honorable family" and other kinds of Bullshit.

Long story short, eventually pressure from the family finally affected the girl. And of course a very emotional break-up of Romeo and Juliet proportions happened and she used all the excuses I listed above. The girl married a supposedly nice Christian guy chosen by the family. Fast forward a year down the line...the girl ended up being a punching bag to the most abusive asshole in history, she can't even go out and hang out with friends and a whole lot of other things.

The only thing is now she can continue to enjoy the succulent taste of pork, the ONLY price she has to pay is to be beaten up by her abusive husband. As for the family burning in hell if she converted, I'd say they deserve to burn in hell for setting her up with that very "NICE BOY" they found somewhere.

As for my friend, there was no happy ending for him. He died shortly after....his health failed. So In all seriousness when it comes to religion its a matter of personal choice, it has nothing to do with if someone comes from a particular religion they are automatically abusive assholes. So for you to actually preach this kind of thing is wrong to begin with.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now until today there is no reply from this person. It's either he is too dumbfounded to reply or he simply does not care. Either way I have said my peace. Like I mentioned in my reply it's simply baffling the level of theophobia that exist. Because from the way I look at it in the end you are still praying to the same god. Granted he has different names and the method of worship differs from religion to religion but in the end we are praying to the same god. FYI in Islam alone GOD has 99 names and here we are having petty arguments over who is the true god, be it buddha, Kali, vishnu, Allah and whatever else is out there. So seriously I hope this guy gets his head in gear and since he is an aspiring pastor I hope that by the time he receives that mantle he will go and preach goodness and not biased stupidity.




Comments

CreativeBitchin said…
christianity, islam, and judaism all come from the same source ey. all three are abrahamic religions.

only the close-minded see the differences, because it's so much better to embrace our similarities =)
Zack said…
I totally agree with you, too bad some of our supposedly religiously adept representatives are stupid.

Popular Posts