DC Universe Classics Orange Lantern Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor in power armor, a figure that I have always lusted over top be the companion piece to my superman figure. Yet it always eluded me, then while skulking through ebay I found Orange Lantern Lex Luthor! Whats better than Lex in power amor?? Lex in Glowing Power Armor that’s what! So here it is guys and gals.

Paint/Sculpt
Well I can’t say much about the paint, since it’s all orange translucent plastic. But for the sculpting, the armor is full of it. Some of it is a reuse of the Lex in green power armor and some parts are completely new. The details are just phenominal to say the least. The head sculpt is your generic Lex Luthor head, not as menacing as the DC Direct version but I like this head sculpt. I just wished they included an extra head or something.

Articulation
Ball jointed head, ball swivel shoulders, ball jointed torso, single jointed elbows and knees, swivel hip, thigh cut and ankle joints. The only weird thing are the gauntlets, the left one has a cut joint to enable wrist turn but the right arm doesn’t. It’s weird because regular power armored Lex has the articulation on both arms.

Accessories
A single orange lantern with no handle.


Conclusion
I enjoyed the figure immensely. It’s a perfect companion piece to my superman and Orange Lantern Lex represents a powered up version of him and my policy is always go for the most powerful form of a character if possible. So apart from some minor niggles, he is an awesome figure.


Pictures













Comments

Popular Posts