RESTAURANT : FULLHOUSE

On the way to pay my phone bills at the Hills Mall, I saw the lot thatt used to belong to Merrybrown occupied by another eatery. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try out this new place that took the name of the very famous American or Korean tv series, depending on which pop culture you fancy. So here's what I think; Presentation : MIND BLASTING, TOP CLASS. The whole garden concept really impressed me and the mini that is "parked" on the lawn was the one that made me come in to try the place out. The maid waitresses would appeal to otaku's with a maid fetish and the managers are pretty cute themselves :P So in this dept they kick ass right off the bat.Their menu is a combination of a catalog, comic and the menu itself, pretty creative I must say.
Service : The service was a little slow and the crew were a bit blur when I was there. But I'll let this slide because the cafe/restaurant is only few days old and that's hardly enough time to work out the kinks in the service dept. Food Quality : The food presentation is pretty good. It's pretty much what you'd expect from a fusion style eatery. It exudes class and sophistication and all that other good stuff. BUT that's where the awesomeness ends. The way the food looks may be nice but the overall taste is quite lacking, not to say that it's horrible, far from it but the food still needs a little work. The breaded fried fish with Wasabi dip that I had was hard in some places and quite dry. The juiciness was just not there, but it was still passable and the wasabi dip made up for it somewhat but at that quality it does not warrant the RM16.90 price tag. The drinks that my friends and I ordered had this weird chemical after taste to it but it was still ok to my taste buds. My friends were not so agreeable on this matter. The mushroom soup while nice was very pricy for the fact that it was served inside what looks like a coffee cup. And for RM8.90 it was really expensive for the portion that you were getting.
Conclusion Will I come back? Maybe, but only IF they step up on their QC and knock down the price a bit. If they still insist on charging that much for the food, then the food better be a life changing experience the next time I drop by, which would probably me months later.

Comments

Popular Posts