Jobs and the allergy that the youth's today have to it!


Job's, when I was younger I failed to see the value of such things as I could just ask money from my parents to go out and have fun. But as I grew older and the looming threat of my parents retirement became more apparent I started to worry. back in the day I wasn't exactly the most pro-active person in the world and it took a lot to get my butt in gear.



Started out doing odd jobs here and there. Started as a waiter for a while and then I worked for the education dept as a temp and then in 2001 I got a break in the industry that I loved, BROADCASTING! Granted the 1st radio station I worked with turned out to be an evil soul sucking life draining bastard of an organization and paid me shit, but i suffered in silence and used that anger to motivate me. I gained experience and skills that would prove to be useful later on.

Now I work for another station, I have a higher pay, a higher rank, a good boss and I get the credit that I deserve and not treated like a slave. It's hard to believe that its been 10 yrs since that day in 2001. And all those years I started to learn the value of a job and the pay check that comes with it. I've learned to live with bills and gauging my spending (tho I still go nuts now and then).

Now when I look at the kids these days and how they consider "FREELANCING" in whatever industry as a REAL JOB, I cringe!!! I mean freelancing is suppose to supplement your income, not BECOME the main source of it. One of the excuses I seem to hear when I ask them why they do this is because of flexibility. I don't know that many people that actually manage to make a living with freelancing, NAY I know NOBODY that can make a living with it. Because Freelancing is like an EMCEE job, it comes when it comes, it is not consistent enough for you to get a steady stream of cash to support your life. And even if they do pay a lot the consistency is still a problem.

And these kids will then burden the parents for money and it's a vicious cycle that's really hard to break when slaking off and leeching off parents has become the norm of their existence. I was in that circle once, but I managed to break free after a severe butt Kicking. And now I help with the power bill and whatever else I can as a member of the family unit that is "EARNING".

So to close this, I say to all the youths out there please get a job and learn the value of a job and the pay check.

Comments

Popular Posts