Goobye Nokia Hello Motorola...for now!

It was a very sad day when my old faithful Nokia 6600 finally "dropped dead" on me a few days back, seriously that phone has been nothing but good to me. But anyhp\oo, I had to find a backup phone and it just so happens that my sister had an old Motorola Razr V3 that she dumped coz she thought it was "broken". But of course me being the tenacious techhead nutjob, I managed to fix it and now the phone works just fine! No more crashes or anything except for the camera, which I think is a hardware problem, but who cares, I got me a lumix for pics.


On the left my old Nokia, on the right the Motorola I've restored to full health.


What I get now when I turn on my Nokia 6600 :(


The Razr with glowy & shiny keypads. After using it for about 3 days now I have this to say about the Razr when compared to my old Nokia :-

Pro's
Slim & light,loud enough speakers, MP3 ringtones, God damns the flippy thing is fun and looks cool

Cons
low - res screen, no memory card slot,SMS system not as good as Nokia's,Video capcabilties are sad. Java games lag badly.

Of course this is all just temporary till I can get my hands on my true dream phone, the BLACLBERRY STORM! why do I want it? ONE..its not Sony Ericsson and TWO it's BLACK!

Comments

HJ said…
Motorolas and Samsungs last a great a long time and take a ton of abuse. Nokias, contrary to what people say, tend to :

1. get sluggish and mushy keypads after a while. Sure, you can replace them, but they go mushy again.

2. have some sort of battery contact problems or turn itself off after a while

3. get crashy and have its software go into a tantrum

4. if you have a 9500, the hinges break.

The only problem with Motos & Samsung I've had so far are battery life problems, but that's because it's an inherent problem with ALL batteries..
Zack said…
Well the 6600 lasted a very long time and even survived prolonged "swimming". It was just a freak accident that the screen decided to crack on that day. Im gonna miss it!

Popular Posts