A dying way of making business?


Saw this old dude selling cookies and other types of Kueh's while I was having lunch with my GF and a couple of friends. Throughout my life i've seen this man go from shop to shop, person to person selling his cookies and what not, makes me wonder sometimes, is this kind of business able to sustain a person or does it belong to a bygone era?

Speaking of selling things old school, I hardly see Van's going to residential areas selling keropok's, roti cream, DING-DANGS etc anymore. Granted they still exist but are far and few in between, but going back to the old guy, I was amazed at his perserverance limping from one place to another selling his cookies, but at the same time I felt "KESIAN". Was there nothing to be done with people like him? why is nothing done to make his life and those like him better? These are things I'll never have the answer too I guess. But next time if you see this old dude out in the streets, help a guy out and buy his cookies!

Comments

WN said…
For all you know, he has a son/daughter who are rich. If in future you see me disregard my love ones, please, slap me silly.

Quick ask me "how does it feel like to be the first to comment in your blog".

-XIII-
Zack said…
how does it feel?
HJ said…
Like any business, it depends on their product.

There's this school principle in Miri going around selling rice bundles and everybody - i mean EVERYBODY - knows him and loves to buy from him, because the food is great.

There are some who do this but sell crappy food that taste like fried sand, as if they want to make a quick buck. Should keep a mental note on who to buy from and not.

Should keep buying from those that you like.

And, yes, they might have rich children, but who says they have to be poor to walk around town to sell food? Maybe it's their hobby for all we know.

Popular Posts